1800 Tequila’s positioning is Change The Game. “1800 Spy” is an interactive narrative that changes the way we think of a very specific type of game: the spy game.
To help 1800 Tequila build upon its current consumer base—and further connect with those who are already loyal to the brand—we could create an interactive cat-and-mouse spy game in which people would not only have the chance to win a great prize (a new BMW, for example) but also have a fun, interactive experience with the 1800 brand.
This type of gameplay not only plays off of 1800's tagline, but it also complements the brand's positioning/target market. Based on their advertising, it's clear they're going after a young male demographic.
Digital Executions Include
- Use 1800spy.com microsite as your HQ, where you'll acquire basic information about the game and learn helpful tips.
- Get hints, follow paths, etc. on Google Maps.
- Follow other agents on Facebook/Twitter to get leads.
- Visit the 1800 Times Square Web Cam, where you can look down live on an 1800 Tequila display set up in Times Square and find your next clue.
Gameplay Encouraging Purchase
- Promotions in bars in major cities where patrons who order 1800 can gets codes that unlock rewards and clues on 1800spy.com.
- Limited Edition 1800 Tequila bottles can offer clues, as well as become collector's items.
- Major cities could have a handful of Spy Cabs: cabs (unmarked, to look like normal cabs) driven by 1800 brand ambassadors, who pass out codes that unlock rewards and clues on 1800spy.com.
Experiential/Innovative Executions Include
- Digital clues will lead you to toll-free numbers, where friendly agents will give you more information on where to find the BMW.
- Projection media advertises the promotion as well as provides clues.
- Times Square booth, where ambassadors pass out 1800 promotional items (this is also the booth that, when viewed from above via the 1800 web cam, would provide a clue).